Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Word Up to My Fellow Sisters!!

I love women, I always have and always will. In whatever circumstances I always give women more props than men, and I've always told everyone if I was a man I would be a ladies-man through-and-through. Alas I am not a man, and oddly have not developed a sexual attraction to women, granted I appreciate their bodies immensely.

This brings me to a revelation I wanted to share with you, as much as I love human women this type of respect translates to all other species. This is where I want to introduce you to the Ant. A Brazilian ant species that has evolved to clone itself and decided to leave-out the male specimen. Yes, this ant colony is all female and thanks to this they are the most productive farmers on earth (within the ant spectrum).

I'm not saying that males are expandable, but it does pose some really interesting things one can ponder in the late of night with a cup of ice-cream.

I am aware of the fact that this could be flipped, but as such men are still not able to carry babies to term so I will continue to be flamboyant about this topic and enjoy the "what-if" :)

You can find the story here

peace and love to all,
-ana

No comments: